Monday, July 12, 2010

what's new

Wow, could it be that I'm actually starting to get caught up with this blog? Maybe sort of... I can't believe I'm already 16 weeks pregnant and I've hardly uttered a peep about it on here. I guess being preggo has been one of the contributing factors to my lackluster showing on the blog though. I have been tiiiiired. Chasing after a 3 year old really cuts into my nap time. But it's starting to get better. I have far too many hobbies and interests for sleep to take up such a big part of my day. But things must be turning around, because I'm starting to cook again, knit again and garden.

Our garden isn't exactly rocking yet, except maybe in the lettuce department, but we have managed to harvest a few odds and ends as companions to our dinners.


And we did get a really nice big batch of snap peas. Roan loved those!


For sure the highlight of the garden this year is that the sour cherry tree we planted last year actually flowered and bore fruit. It wasn't a ton, but it was enough for a decent sized batch of sour cherry freezer jam.



We also have been enjoying a lot of summer fun in the neighborhood. BBQs, First Fridays, trips to the zoo and the pool. 4th of July weekend we checked out the neighborhood bike/scooter/stroller parade. The kids decorate their chosen implement of transportation and proceed about 5 blocks with balloons and much fanfare, to be greeted at a neighborhood park with all the hotdogs you can eat, a bouncy castle, water balloons, sack races, and more. And did I mention all of this fun was free? It was a good good time. One of those days where I think to myself, Dang I love this neighborhood.















Soon some belly photos, and yes even an ultrasound photo or two are coming.

No comments: