Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow day / Sick day

We woke up to forecasts of 8-16 inches of snow in the Denver metro area, and 12-24 for some suburbs. That was a little hard to believe first thing this morning when there was only a light dusting on the ground, but sure enough by 11 AM the skies unleashed. This is a good day to be working from home.

Which would be great if I could work, but as soon as we got home from dropping Roan off at daycare, something just overcame me - I don't know what. Terrible nausea, tummy troubles and pain in my kidneys. I went to bed and slept for a solid 3 1/2 hours. When I woke up I was suprised to have 103* temperature. What on earth happened between last night and this morning? I just don't get it!

Can't be food poisoning because Arwen and I ate all the same stuff yesterday. I JUST got past the worst part of a cold on Monday. Two days out sick in one week due to completely different ailments is a new record, even in this household.

Just as I was thanking my lucky stars for having Roan in daycare today so I can rest up, they called and asked that parents come pick up now (1:30 PM) if possible. Things are so bad out there that's no trivial undertaking, but it's only supposed to get worse between now and rush hour. Hard to believe temps were in the 50s and 60s a few days ago. Spring is crazy!

No comments: