Thursday, February 22, 2007

We are now the proud owners of...

... the ugliest house on the block... which we can't move into for another month! :) And we're pleased as peaches about it. It is nice to have that behind us. Closing was a freaking nightmare - it went on for 4 hours - but we both stayed cool and calm "like little Fonzies" as Arwen likes to say. At the end of it I realized I got through the whole day without crying, and without even coming close!

This week has been so much better than last week. Consciously slowing things down and acknowledging my limitations has made all the difference. I've made a point to step away from work and take a break or two, take a warm bath in the evening and drink a cup of chamomile tea. I am feeling human again.

Coming soon - I have more goodies to post pictures of. I whipped up a cute little tanktop for Roan as well as a pair of t-strap booties last weekend. I'm working on a sunhat for her now, to match the tanktop. Once that's done I think I may have to take an unfortunate hiatus from knitting in order to launch a new project: sewing diapers. I had contemplated it months ago but let Arwen talk me out of it. Now as we're looking more closely into it we're finding the convenient velcro diapers are super expensive - $15 a piece! - and you need about 30-35 to get started with a newborn. I found some patterns that claim you can make your own for $2-3/each. We already have 20 simple chinese prefolds, so that gets us most of the way there; I'd only need to make 10-15. A woman at our Bradley childbirth class brought in a couple she made and they were absolutely the cutest things I'd ever seen. So... we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray--Congratulations!!We are so happy that you got the house!! it sounds like it has real possibilities--and from what you say it has nowhere to go but up. I know you two will turn that "ugly duckling" into a swan. Also congratulations on learning so early what it takes most of us a lot longer to figure out about dealing with stress and taking care of yourself. Love, Grandma Carolyn