Friday, December 14, 2007

What a crazy turn of events

Well strangely a lot has happened since my post last night. Roan and I had a great night's sleep last night - surprising, considering her diarreah. I awoke feeling refreshed, only to find that everyone in my house has come down with a nasty stomach flu. Arwen is feeling bad enough to stay in bed today. Jen and Micah got the worst of it. It had them both up all night long if you know what I mean.

When we called our new Denver employee (who happens to be married to our nanny) to warn him not to come over, it turned out that both he and Lindsay had been up all night with the same thing! And Roan's little buddy that we nanny share with has it as well. Her mom said yesterday Audrey puked on every sleeper they own, doused all her crib bedding and ended up in the bathtub for emergency cleanup twice. Whatever you do, don't come near us!


So I'm the last man standing, knock on wood. I have four sick babies to take care of today. Plus a software rollout and the inevitable Christmas preparations. Add to that the fact that my dog is wearing a cone on her head to keep her from licking her own nether regions (she had another butt explosion last week).


But the saddest thing of all is that Hallie is the very sickest of all our babies right now. As we speak she's in the animal hospital getting a GI scope. Jen took her into the vet yesterday because she too has diarreah. Later Jen got an upsetting call from the vet saying that the blood test results showed Hallie has an alarmingly low amount of protein in her blood. They're trying to figure out if it's kidney trouble, liver trouble or the big C. Jen and Micah are understandably upset. I ended up having to be the one to take Hallie in this morning though because neither Jen nor Micah could leave the vicinity of the bathroom.


So think good thoughts for Hallie. And keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully I can stay well enough to help nurse everyone else back from the brink.

1 comment:

Stu said...

always heartbreaking when animals and babies get sick.