Thursday, March 29, 2007

Random

We're just twiddling our thumbs waiting for this baby to get here. I thought I'd post some random shots from around the house. (We finally managed to purchase the camera that had me in tears several posts back.) Jen took this picture yesterday that made us laugh. You can just barely see what used to be "normal Heather" above the belly, and you really get a feel for how much the little peanut has overwhelmed my poor unsuspecting body. You can also get a glimpse of our super cool sock monkey sheets, which were courtesy of Mommy Too when she was up visiting a couple weeks ago.

I thought I'd also take a moment to post a photo of Sasha & Hallie. They are the best of friends - sharing toys, food and a spot to cuddle. Here they are doing what they do best: begging for food.

And last but not least, here's Jen whipping up yet another fantastic meal for us. Not only is she living in a basement with no shower and a leaky sink, she has been cooking endless meals around the clock for us. At dinner time with the afternoon sun blaring into the kitchen window (which of course has no blinds on it yet) she's found a need to add a new kitchen accessory to her collection: a pair of dark sunglasses. Despite such hardships, yesterday she cooked us lunch, made 2 trips to the grocery store (because I botched the list) to get supplies for making my sick friend some fresh chicken soup, and then she finished up her day by cooking us another fabulous dinner and insisting that we spend the evening just the two of us, having some quality time. Yup, she's the greatest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweetheart:
Egads! More of a wait. I know that my little grandaughter who walked the entire Apalachian Trail has what it takes to weather this tiny hickup. Jen & Arwen are taking such good care of you and Miss Roan now, and will continue to do so in future. I said a little prayer for all 4 of you.
Love, GD