Friday, October 20, 2006

Frogging the froggy

Oh Drat! Just when I thought I was 66.66666% finished with the froggy hat & booties set, I hit a snag. I knit the hat up quickly - except for the pom-pom eyeballs and the embroidered smile which I still have yet to do. Then I moved on to the first flipper bootie. Although I followed the pattern faithfully, the lone bootie has a fatal flaw. The flipper part came out great - really, really cute - but there's no way the darn thing has a chance in Hades of staying on. The ankle part of the sock is nowhere close to long enough.

So now comes the fun part: rip it all out and start over. Ironically, when you have to pull out stitches in knitting it's called "frogging" because you rip-it, rip-it. Ha ha. I'm not exactly doubled over in laughter. Oh well, frogging is just a fact of life with most knitting projects. Luckily I enjoy the process itself as much as the finished object, so it only means more time spent doing something I love.

No comments: