Thursday, September 28, 2006

What's New

Well I had trouble at my local yarn store finding a good green yarn for the froggy set. All the stuff that was the right gauge came in very kid-unfriendly (yet elegant) poop green colors. And all the fun green colored yarn was in the wrong gauge. I know what you're thinking: "How can a poop colored yarn be elegant?" I don't make the rules, people. I just report 'em like I see 'em.

So this was the best I could do, but I think it's going to turn out to be a nice choice. It is very inexpensive, soft, and 100% merino wool. The photo is a little misleading on the color. It's a lime green, something in a light kermie.

Let's see... what else is new. We saw the midwife last night for a checkup. Everything looks good. Arwen got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. There is something magical in that woosh-woosh sound. I haven't felt any movement yet, but that's the next big thing to be on the lookout for. Amy said that most first-time moms start feeling movement around week 18 or 20. I'm only 14 1/2 right now, so I still have a little ways to go.

One other thing I wanted to mention. We've gotten some sweet and thoughtful goodies in the mail from people, and I just wanted to say thanks. Karen sent us a funny book for dads called "Pregnancy Sucks for Men." Josefa sent us a care package with all kinds of goodies in it, including a cute little pair of socks and a book about teddy bears. Our friends Billy & Jenny sent us the Dr. Sears Baby Book which articulates a wonderful parenting philosophy. So thanks you guys.

No comments: