Monday, July 02, 2007

Regarding the aforementioned "adorable cooing sounds"

Um yeah. We have had some interesting developments over the weekend. And by "interesting" I mean holy crap I hope she doesn't keep this up. Roan has started making the weirdest noises. They fall somewhere between the mating cry of a bobcat (or perhaps hyena?) and nails on a chalkboard. We've begun to wonder if in fact I actually gave birth to baby pterodactyl who was only disguising herself as a baby human up to this point. It would not surprise me if she suddenly unfolded leathery wings and took flight, striking fear into the hearts of all small mammals in her vicinity.

It is the weirdest thing. It's not like she does it all the time; she has to sort of get into the mood. But the mood seems to strike her about twelve times a day. And when she gets going, look out! We are talking glass-shattering, brain-bending, ear-splitting shrieks that go on and on. She pauses every once in a while to break into a huge grin, she's so pleased with herself. If my eardrums weren't bleeding it would really be quite adorable. Arwen is fond of saying, "It doesn't bother me at all" right as I'm mentally to the point of ripping a fistful of hair off my head to use as earplugs.

How are you supposed to help your child "find her voice" when you're really hoping she will just shut the heck up? Ah, good times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Roam Marie is simply tuning up for her operatic role. Can't wait to see her on stage. Every stage of her sweet life. Love,GGD