Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's the snowstorm's fault

In case you haven't heard, Colorado has been hit by a big snowstorm. It started yesterday in the wee hours of the morning, and it's supposed to keep on dumping till this afternoon. The city of Denver is supposed to get at least 12 inches - which, according to my friend Amanda who has been here a while - only happens every 3 years or so. So the city has been turned into a Winter Wonderland just in time for Charles & Josefa's visit!

As magical and beautiful as it is though, the snowstorm has thwarted the sending off of our Christmas gifts (I actually got them made!!). After spending hours wrapping, packaging and addressing them all, I braved the blizzard yesterday afternoon only to find the Post Office closed! So much for "neither rain nor sleet nor SNOW nor hail..." Oh well, what could I do but laugh. So our apologies to anyone getting a package from us - they most likely won't be there on time.

In other news, on Monday I had an appointment with one of the midwives. Everything seems to be going well. She actually referred to me as looking "petite," which totally threw me for a loop. Not that I have a complex about getting bigger - I keep telling Roan how cute she is in there.

Well everything has been going well except for one thing. On two different occassions I have almost fainted. I talked to the midwife about it and she feels it was probably a combination of low bloodsugar, low bloodpressure, being out of breath, and going from the cold outdoors into an overly warm room. Both times - once at home and once at Target - I just sat down and waited for the spots to clear from my vision and my hearing to come back.

The midwife said that actually fainting isn't so much of a concern; it's more what you hit on the way down. She said to just keep an eye on my eating - make sure not to go for my dog walks or head out to go shopping without a snack, and I can keep exercising, going for walks, doing yoga and generally causing trouble. So that's good.

I will try and post some pictures of this epic snowstorm soon! Love to all.

No comments: