Monday, October 02, 2006

Updates

Well here's the latest belly shot. This is week 15. Today was a good day. With a little help from practically every recent mom I know, I managed to crack the mystery of what car seat and stroller to pick. I swear, I had myself so bent out of shape over the dizzying array of options I wasn't even sure what my name was anymore. One thing I learned: Never walk into a Babies R Us alone when you're trying to make heads or tails of all this baby gear! Whew, now I can move on to the next stultifying parenting questions!

And here's where I am so far on the froggy hat & booties set. Unfortunately the happy lime color I picked just doesn't come through very well in the photos. But trust me, it's looking very frog-y. You may be wondering, "What's the deal with all those knitting needles?" Well this hat calls for the use of double pointed needles, which are a pain in the rear (I'm using 5 needles at once!) but are handy for making small, seamless, tube-shaped items like hats and socks. Ah, the things we do for love...

Well it's way passed my bedtime, so I better hit the sack soon. I wouldn't be up so late except at 9:30 this evening I realized that no groceries had magically materialized in the house, even though I've been waiting for them to do so since Sunday. The prospect of being oh so hungry tomorrow was even more unappealing than the thought schlepping down the isles of the King Sooper at closing time. And yes, Arwen did offer to hit the grocery store in my stead, but come on. You know me and food. Those are decisions best not delegated. :)

Ok I rambled on long enough. Good night everyone!

No comments: